IP's are not locked to a geographical area.

Period.

LER

--On Friday, October 03, 2003 15:46:46 -0500 Stephen Craton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So I'm going to have to use a 3rd party script? Is there not a way to make
the IP tracker on your own in any way?

Thanks, Stephen Craton http://www.melchior.us -- http://www.melchior.us/portfolio

-----Original Message----- From: Duncan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 3:31 PM To: Stephen Craton Cc: PHP List Subject: RE: [PHP] Tracking IP Addresses

Thanks, but how would I get the results in PHP? What I'm trying to do
involves getting the user's IP address then finding where they are, like
what country, and then showing content specific stuff.

Good luck tracking AOL IPs :) They seem to use a common pool across the world. That said, I recall that the mysql folks use some kind of commercial system from a company called MaxMind...