> > YES!
> > The only "problem" will be that these .php pages will be
> > maybe 5% slower since PHP is "parsing" them.
>
> That and all the links pointing to the old .html files will be
> broken...

That's what using .php in advance will avoid.

> So if you mix PHP and HTML in a file, PHP will be slower
> to parse those files?  I thought it was smart enough to
> parse only what was within the recognized start and end
> tags (<? ?>, <?php ?>, <script language="php"></script>,
> etc)?

PHP *is* smart enough, but it has to "look" in the HTML to see any <?php (et
al) tags.

So, a "raw" HTML file not passing through PHP is a little faster than a PHP
file that only has HTML in it.

I actually pass all my .htm and .html files through PHP anyway.  Cuz my
musician clients can't handle remembering that URLs end in .php, and they
were surfing direct to .htm and complaining the pages were missing...

--
Visit the Zend Store at http://www.zend.com/store/
Wanna help me out?  Like Music?  Buy a CD: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm