Hi,
These guys have done a good job and I think it's planned to be included in V5.

Till then i invite you to take a look at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/megaupload/ where you can download a system that works without PHP having to be patched.

best regards
raditha.

Steve Murphy wrote:

David Enderson also developed an upload meter and contacted PHP about
including it.
Long and short, PHP never included it. This functionality is requested and
can be included easily. I'm in the process of developing documentation and
rpm packaging for Dave's meter and I've already had 7 clients call me about
it, (IMO) I think its time more projects like this are needed and PHP should
do a better job of incorporating them and less time holding conferences.

Murph

Oh go here (http://www.pfohlsolutions.com/projects/upload) to see what's
available (not much right now) from Enderson's project. Note this is not the
official site.

-----Original Message----- From: Hardik Doshi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 9:47 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [PHP] File upload meter

Hi Group,

It's really nice to see the file upload meter
developed by Doru Theodor Petrescu
(http://pdoru.from.ro/). He did a nice job. He created
serveral patches for the php 4 to enable the file
upload meter.

I was just wondering what will happen to the file
upload meter once the php 5.0 will release? Is PHP
community planning to put file upload meter code
permanently in every distributions of the php?

Please let me know about my queries. I really want to
use this feature but worrying for the future php
releases.

Thanks

Regards,
Hardik Doshi