I thought about it, but safe mode can be set only in php.ini or httpd.conf

Burhan Khalid wrote:

Chris Blake wrote:

OK, so I`ve tried all the suggestions posted, thanks guys...but then I
went and deleted the php.ini file in /etc, and still when I use
phpinfo(); it gives me the usual phpinfo page...

First, make sure to restart Apache after you do anything to php.ini
Secondly, when php.ini is absent, php starts with default options.

So where is the info coming from...another php.ini located somewhere
else on my drive ?

A search revealed nadda....so I`m out of ideas right now.....

If there are any .htaccess files, they can include php overrides also. Check to make sure that "local" and "master" values are what you want them to be.