Becoming Digital wrote:
I don't believe so. It would depend entirely on the browser settings, too, so even if it's possible, I certainly wouldn't build an app around that idea.

Actually, it is possible, but only under some very restrictive settings.

For example, php has to be running as a ISAPI module under IIS, and the security settings should be NTLM, and the user is logged on to the same domain as the IIS server, then $_SERVER['AUTH_USER'] should be the logged in user name.

However, to design an app around that isn't the best way to do it.

--
Burhan Khalid
phplist[at]meidomus[dot]com