I use it with skins on a web page, users coming in can pick a theme and for
the duration of their visit they have the theme(it's an illustrator website)

the problem that I having is that session expiry will cause that site to
fall apart after idle time.

I notice sites using login detect expiry automatically and refrest the pages
+ session, I just don't quite know how to apprach it.