[snip]
I included all of my code in my origional post.  If you would like it
reposted, I can do that.  I retried it with exactly the same code as the

manual has in the file uploads section (cut and paste).  I'm merely
trying to get the upload to work, I'm not concerned about handling the
file yet!  If I can get the second page to load, then I could move the
file, rename it or whatever, but it keeps returning "The document
contains no data" and as far as I know the php script isn't even run.
[/snip]

Moving the file is a requisite to the upload operation as PHP stores the
upload in a temp directory and deletes it quickly once the upload is
complete;

from http://us4.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

" The file will be deleted from the temporary directory at the end of
the request if it has not been moved away or renamed."

So, you may be uploading the file...and then deleting it. Your original
posted code did not contain the code for handling the upload, which is
on page 2 I guess?