Hi,

I am wondering about the following paragraph at
http://at2.php.net/manual/en/function.is-uploaded-file.php.

> Returns TRUE if the file named by filename was uploaded via HTTP POST.
> This is useful to help ensure that a malicious user hasn't tried to
> trick the script into working on files upon which it should not be
> working--for instance, /etc/passwd.
>
> This sort of check is especially important if there is any chance that
> anything done with uploaded files could reveal their contents to the
> user, or even to other users on the same system.

AFAIK the browser only sends the content of the chosen file and cannot
specify in any way a local filename which should be worked on.
Furthermore PHP creates a temporary file containing the uploaded file
content and passes this filename as 'tmp_name' variable. How can then a
"malicious user try to trick the script"?

Thanks,
Alexander
--
PINO - The free Chatsystem!