Hi,

I have read announcement about CodeSecure. I am sorry to say, but I am not sure this product is worth $49. The problem is not $49, which is very small amount indeed, but the features available with other Open Source software.

1) If someone need just PHP obfuscator - here is proven GPL product called POBS (http://pobs.mywalhalla.net/).

2) PHP encoding/decoding on the fly without extra PHP extensions is possible with GPL-ed software called Phrozen (http://sourceforge.net/projects/phrozen/).

3) PHP Scripts may be stored (and distributed to the clients) in compiled form with opcode cash TurckMMcache, which is also Open Source.

4) Another (very similar) product called CodeLock (http://www.websitecreations.co.nz/codelock/) costs $55, but requires option "Globals On" to be set, and some people reported weird problems with it. I do not know if CodeSecure might have (or have not) similar issues because of similar architecture.

PS. Anyway, I am welcome to the creative ideas.

Greetings everyone,
We have just launched a new product called codeSECURE and would like you to
check it out.

codeSECURE is a PHP obfuscator.

Basically codeSecure is a small collection of scripts to "obfuscate" or
"garble up" php code so that PHP developers can protect their intellectual
property, distribute "locked" php scripts, time expiring scripts etc.

While making it nearly impossible for a human to understand or read your
code/scripts, they will cause no problem for the computer to decipher and
run.

E.g.

$a="Hello world";

will become something like

$23sfaAST3s="v4Mèåwuz™24fz{(2{•w";

********************************************* * Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski * * Personal Home Page * http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac * Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site *********************************************