I remember reading something very very similar from one of the main php developers.. However, for the life of me, I can't remember where it was exactly...

Jordan S. Jones

Shawn McKenzie wrote:

I came across this post and was hoping to get a gurus opinion on the
validity.  TIA

-Shawn

I remember reading somewhere re: PHP coding that it is a better coding
practice to use single quotes as much as possible vs. using double quotes in
scripts. When using double quotes, you are forcing PHP to look for variables
within them, even though there may not be any, thus slowing execution
time...

For example it is better to code:
     Code:

vs.