I have been trying to write some code for a simple menu system. The idea was
that every item on a menu should be tied to anouther to give a menu
structure.

To do this I have tried to use the following code. Some of it I have added
in to try and understand why its not really working.
My first problem is that the function I use seems to omit the first result,
even if I make the select compleatly unbounded.
My second problem is that I do not seem to be able to figure out how to
display the correct part of the array. Currently I have been using print_r
which just displays a list. When I try to display what I want it doesn't do
anything.
I think I may have messed up the function codeing but I cannot see where I
have gone wrong and I have been doing it all day (time now 1.02 in the
morning).
If anybody can help it would be appreciated.

<?php
 include "includes/constants.php";

 $link = @mysql_connect($DB_server, $DB_user, $DB_pwd) or die ("Could not
connect");
 @mysql_select_db($DB_user) or die ("Could not select database");

 $null=getinfo('0');

 for ($i=1; $i<=sizeof($null); $i++);
  {
  print_r($null);
 /* print $nul[$i]['name'];
  $j=$null[$i]['id'];
  /*$fisrt=getinfo["1"];
   for ($k=1; $k<=sizeof($first); $k++);
    {
    echo $first[$k]['name'];
    $l=$first[$k]['id'];
    $second=getinfo['$m'];
     for ($m=1; $m<=sizeof($second); $m++);
     {
     echo $second[$m]['name']<br>;
     }
    }*/
  }
   ?>
    &nbsp;</td>
<?php
function getinfo($pid)
{
 $query = "SELECT name,parentid FROM ubsc_menu WHERE parentid='$pid' ";
 $result = mysql_query ($query) or die ("Query failed");
 $row=mysql_fetch_array($result,MYSQL_ASSOC);

 $n = 1;
 while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($result,MYSQL_ASSOC))
 {

  foreach ($row as $colname => $value)
  {
   $array[$n][$colname] = $value;