Curt Zirzow <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Monday, October 27, 2003 3:16 PM said:

> 5. no newline after the tr. :)
>
> There are some broswer issues with tr and td's not being on the
> same line.

Ok I resisted sending this earlier but it appears it is now necessary.
;)

Here is how I WOULD have written that line had it been in my own code.
(Minus some CSS that could be put in.)

        echo "<table>\n"
                ." <tr>\n"
                ."  <td class=\"row_bright\">$somevalue</td>\n"
                ." </tr>\n"
                ."</table>\n";

> But I guess that shouldn't matter much cause tables
> shouldn't be used for layout design.

In an effort to avoid confusing people that don't know any better
"layout design" means everything except forms and data.

Chris.

p.s. And yes Curt you touched on why I put my <td></td>'s all on one
line. Some browsers (I know IE does) like to add whitespace if the <td>
and </td> are not all on the same line.

--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/