All,
Here's a new one from me.  Had to move a project from a friendly linux
environment to an unfriendly windows environment.

The problem:
all the code I've tried to test whether a temp (from a form post) is there
before doing a filesize() on it is failing.
I'm doing a filesize check so absurdly large files aren't copied from the
temp folder to a permanent folder.
(and no I can't change the ini file, already asked, I did mention unfriendly
right?)
What I want is a value for the filesize of the temporary file.

After a form post I call a function with the following:
$image_size = getFileSize($_FILES["image"]["tmp_name"]);

The value of $_FILES["image"]["tmp_name"] is something like:
C:\WINNT\TEMP\php41.tmp

here's the function I'm using:
function getFileSize($a)
{
//      if (is_file($a))
        if (file_exists($a))
        {
                $tmp = number_format(filesize($a)/1024) ." KB";
        }else{
                $tmp = "error";
        }
        clearstatcache();
        return $tmp;
}

The root of the web server is on the G drive, so I don't know if files on
the C drive are considered "remote" or not.

I've tried changing the C:\WINNT\TEMP\php41.tmp to C:/WINNT/TEMP/php41.tmp
and C:\\WINNT\\TEMP\\php41.tmp, that didn't work.

I've tried stat($a); at the start of the function but get an error:
Warning: stat failed for C:\WINNT\TEMP\php41.tmp (errno=2 - No such file or
directory) in G:\web\domain.com\d\g\functions\fn_data.php on line 41

Right now the function returns "error".

I've searched the MARC archives, I've searched Google, I've read the manual
and contributed notes.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Chris Hubbard