PHPLover wrote:

I am going throught the CVS of PHP and happened to see the Style.css
file.
I found that background-color of body,html is set to White instead of
#ffffff which i feel is not a valid CSS.
Am i right ?

Why is it not valid? It's valid even in the proposed spec for CSS3 (their online examples has colors defined that way in some cases.) For that matter, all of these are valid:

   color: white;
   color: #ffffff;
   color: #fff;

They all produce a white color.