Dave G wrote:

Burham

why don't you do an in_array() check for each date that you print.
Hope this helps.

Yes, this helps a lot!
However, I'm still stuck on how to get my list of dates into the array.
I've been searching around on the Internet, and it seems that one has to
construct a for() loop in order to get the results of multiple rows into
an array. But that seems unnecessarily complicated. Is there no command
to take multiple rows and place them into an array?

I believe this was asked recently on the list, you might want to check the archives.

Just off the top of my head, something like this should work :

$dates = array();
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{
   $dates[] = $row;
}
echo "<pre>"; print_r($dates); echo "</pre>";

TIAS :)

--
Burhan Khalid
phplist[at]meidomus[dot]com