I'm seriously considering moving to php from a competing 3rd party
application. I have a few basic questions.

1. What is the predominate OS platform php runs on? Recommended?

2. I'm currently well versed in Win 2000 & OS X. Are both "Well" supported?

3. When php comes out with a new major version (i.e. php 4 -> 5), how
backward compatible is it? Basically, will I need to do a lot of recoding
each time there is a new version in order to upgrade? (This is the biggy.)

4. We are currently standardized on MySQL. I'm assuming MySQL is the
database of choice or am I wrong?

--
Jim