PAUL FERRIE wrote:

Hello again guys, thanks for the help over the past 48 hours :)

Over the past week i have had the job of tweaking the php pages of a friends
site.  so far so good :)

Now i am onto the admin area for running the website.  I downloaded one of
the many db managers scripts from www.hotscripts.com
Luckly its a very simple app, easy to mod.  Anyways most of my php knowledge
is in conjuction with flash www.innovativedesigns.org.uk.  most of the
problems i have had here have been fairly simple to learn and fix.

Now the job this week is with php+html (total newbie to this area). most of
the problems i have been able to fix with some help from here as well.

http://thor.ancilenetworks.co.uk/~pferrie/vinrev/adm/myadmin.html

~This is the admin area.  I manged to get the drop down menu working to
select the revelent table and then set $tablename with the result being
displayed in the next page as:
<?
print "MyAdmin database for <i>$tablename</i> table";
?>
The new page has 4 links to load other php files to edit,delete, view, and
add new data to the DB
On the links have:

~Now in the edit.php i have :
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $tablename")or die("couldnt select
table");

$tablename is not being passed with the link.

What am i missing?

RTFM @ http://www.php.net/security.registerglobals STFA

This question is another one of those twice daily ones.

--
Burhan Khalid
phplist[at]meidomus[dot]com