I'm again trying to understand differences in Apache and Windows installs of
PHP when I try to upload a file to the server. It seems on Windows, I can't
get the file I'm uploading.

To try to understand this I created a very simple html form that uploads a
text file to the server's TEMP directory using:

<form action="Upload.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

The script Upload.php contains the following:

$filename = $_FILES['datafile']['tmp_name'];
echo "filename: " . $filename ."<br>";

if (file_exists("$filename")) {
    print "The file $filename exists";
} else {
    print "The file $filename does not exist";
}

echo "<br><br>";

@readfile($filename);

echo "<br><br>";

Now the file seems to have been copied to the server because filename prints
out the path to the file and @readfile($filename) displays the content of
the file. However, file_exists tells me the file does not exist. I also
tired getting file size but again I got an error no file exists.

Of course this all works on Apache. What is up with this?

Thanks
Chris