Joffrey Leevy wrote:
Hi:

Can someone shed some light on this please?  To me
when doing a form in php using \n or not using \n
makes no difference.  I still get the form in my
browser to work.
For instance,

<?php
echo"<form action='processform_2b.php'
method='post'>\n <select name='animal'>\n
<OPTION value='cat'>cat\n
<OPTION value='dog'>dog\n
<OPTION value='rat'>rat\n
etc.............
and

<?php
echo"<form action='processform_2b.php'
method='post'>\n <select name='animal'>
<OPTION value='cat'>cat
<OPTION value='dog'>dog
<OPTION value='rat'>rat

produce the same select menu in my browser.  So is
using "\n" really that critical for this case?

Thanks

HTML ignores whitespace (new lines included). You can create your entire HTML document on one line, but debugging it would be a bitch. Throwing new lines in there isn't for the browser...but it can help you in the long run.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush