Hallo,

Hope somebody can help me.

I'm working on Linux, Apache.

On my start-site the user can log in via inserting Username and Password
into normal formfields, which are compared with a DB.

After this login, he can change to his own user-directory which is .htpasswd
and .htaccess protected. Thats the reson he has to insert his Username and
Password again ;(

My Question:

Is there a way, so the user has to insert his data only once?

I've also tried it by doing a authentification like this first:

<?php
  if (!isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'])) {
       Header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=\"My Realm\"");
       Header("HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized");
       echo "Text to send if user hits Cancel button\n";
       exit;
} else {
    echo "Hello {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']}";
    echo "<p>You entered {$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']} as your password.</p>";
  }
?>

but it doesn't work for me, because when switching to the userdirs, the
.htaccess authentification window pops up again (it is the same pwd and uid
in the DB and the .htpasswd) ;(

Thank you in advance,

Michael