Hi,

son> Working on a Macintosh G3 PowerBook running OS 10.2 and PHP 4.3.0 with GD2
son> ...

son> I'm having trouble telling GD2 where the font I'm using in a PHP exercise
son> (Chapter 19 of the 2nd edition of the Welling/Thomson book), arial.ttf,
son> resides. The font is obviously in a folder on my hard drive, the path of
son> which runs like so:

son> Macintosh HD/Fonts/arial.ttf

son> The line of PHP code that gives this info goes like this--at least the way
son> I unsuccessfully put it:

son> putenv('GDFONTPATH=Macintosh HD/Fonts
son> $fontname = 'arial.ttf'

son> As I say, it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how I should alter the code?
son> Should I put the font in the root folder, 'localhost/..."?

son> Thank you.

son> Steve Tiano

son> mail2web - Check your email from the web at
son> http://mail2web.com/ .

son> --
son> PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)

Give the full path to the font file, I do like this

$font = $path_to_font.'/font.ttf';

--
regards,
Tom