Would it be possible you have a problem with line-feeds while uploading from win ti linux ?

--
Cordialement,
---------------------------

See Kok Boon wrote:

Hellox experts..

I am making a quiz for a Chinese website. the PHP I going to use is to be
wrapped together with the chinese character outputs all in a single file.
For an example...

In "quiz.php"

If(YOUR_ANSWER_IS_CORRECT)

{

print "in chinese: you scored full marks" //output

}

else

{

print "in chinese: please try again" //ouput

}

the outputs are Chinese characters.

The problem I have now is that either I can't output Chinese, or the code
doesn't work.

- I am developing this quiz on windows XP then uploading to Linux server.

- The "code editor" I use dun support any other formats than ANSI.

- MS WORD generates whole lot of rubbish for html documents and dun handle
PHPs

- Dreamweaver doesn't give me a clue on how to do it...

- so far notepad is the best. I can save the file as .php .html or .txt in
ANSI or UNICODE formats.

In notepad, I can input Chinese characters together with the PHP code
wrapped around. If I save in ANSI, the result online is that the code works,
but the output doesn't. if I save in Unicode, which notepad advices me to,
then the code cannot work and all the output regardless of the IF branches,
are output-ted. What else can I do?

The strange thing is that when in Unicode format, the PHP code doesn't show,
only the outputs are displayed.