Hi Almir,

Here is more info:
Server1: where my database resides
Server2: where my script resides
On Server1: I can access the database using mysql command and PHP.
On Server2: I can access the database using mysql -hserver1 ....  I can show all
the tables, select data, etc.  BUT, when running PHP script on this server,
(mysql_connect("server1",user,password)) all that happens is that it still
connects to the mysql in Server2 and not in Server1.

I really cannot understand why.  Being able to access Server1 using Server2
mysql command verifies my access rights right?

I am about to give up on this!

Thanks,

Floyd