$result = mysql_db_query("FocusDynamics", "SHOW COLUMNS FROM items");
while($field = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{       $thisfield = $field["field"];
        echo("<tr>");
name=$thisfield></td>");
        echo("</tr>");
}

I'm assuming mysql. You may want to play around with analysing
$field["type"] to get the right input attributes. There may be a slicker
way, but I think this is pretty straight forward and the "SHOW COLUMNS"
query isn't going to be slow.

... also this untested so please treat as pseudo code.

        Tim Ward
        Senior Systems Engineer

Please refer to the following disclaimer in respect of this message:
http://www.stivesdirect.com/e-mail-disclaimer.html