Ryan A wrote:
Hi,
I am totally new to using RSS feeds and need a little help.

I downloaded a few good classes to use RSS but dont know where to get the
feeds from...

Say hello to www.syndic8.com :D
(had the same problem trying to get a list of feeds for my own non-commercial site)

our site is going to be totally PHP geared:
eg:
PHP Articles
Program snippets
(forum (maybe))
etc

Any idea how I can get a feed from Slashdot? or any other good
programming\tech sites

Some sites that provide RSS feeds also include this tag in their HTML :
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="http://www.domain.com/path/to/feed.xml"; />

You could search for that. If you have a windows computer around, I would recommend downloading a copy of FeedDemon [ http://www.bradsoft.com/feeddemon/index.asp ] (yes, that's the same guy that created TopStyle) -- it comes with a lot of Web Development related feeds (you can then use the URLs in your own reader).

am basically trying to get a feed from around 4 sites for around 5 links
each...

http://www.zend.com/zend_rss.php is a good one to have

-- Burhan Khalid phplist[at]meidomus[dot]com http://www.meidomus.com ----------------------- "Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and when it is bad, it is better than nothing."