It would be better to use randomly generated strings for your client ids
e.g. md5(uniqid(rand()));
This would be must harder for another use to guess.

Even better would be to store your users details in a session variable so
that the id will never appear in the url at all.

e.g. a very basic example.

session_name("YOURSESSIONID")
session_start();

authenticate etc.. and read user details into $user array/object;

session_register($user);

then as long as your using the same browser session and you have

session_name("YOURSESSIONID");
session_start();

at the beginning of each page you can access $user.

If you open a new window you can do something like

abc.php?session_id=session_id()

abc.php

session_id($session_id);
session_name("YOURSESSIONID");