On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Geoffrey Thompson wrote:
>   header("Content-Type:application/csv");
>   header("Content-Disposition:attachment; filename=downloadFile.csv");
>   header("Content-Transfer-Encoding:binary");
>   fpassthru($fp);
>
> This works great in Mozilla and IE 6 via http, and it works in Mozilla
> via https, but for some reason in IE 6 via https, my filename is
> mysteriously replaced by a truncated version of my page url.  This
> results in an error, because the file (obviously) cannot be found to be
> downloaded. Is it something I'm doing, or is this an IE problem?

This is the workaround I use for the IE/https download problems.
Not sure if it's the same problem, but let me know if this helps:

<?php

$fname = "yourfile.csv";
$mimetype = "application";
$mimesubtype = "unknown";

$fp = fopen($fname,"r");
header("Content-type: $mimetype/$mimesubtype");
header(sprintf('Content-disposition: attachment; filename="%s"',
  basename($fname)));
header("Expires: 0");
header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
header("Pragma: public");
fpassthru($fp);
fclose($fp);

?>