Hello,

On 12/08/2003 11:04 PM, Chris Shiflett wrote:
http://www.phpclasses.org/httpclient

Or even better, use PEAR's HTTP_Client. http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Client

Why better? Have you tried both packages?

I can make a guess as to why he would say this, aside from the obvious
fact that one is part of the PHP project and one is not.

And? Does that meant that all the 130.000+ subscribers of the PHP Classes site are all wrong and you are one that is right?

Visitng http://www.phpclasses.org/httpclient results in several pages of
banner ads that one must navigate before finally being shown:

Do you have a problem with site that use advertising to keep themselves alive?

"You need to be a subscriber and log in to access this file."

If you do not want to subscribe to have access, fine, that is going to be your problem.

However, I think that nobody can say that B is better than A if he did not gave himself the opportunity to try both. Just good common sense.

Visiting http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Client results in a relevant
page of information that contains a link to code,
http://pear.php.net/get/HTTP_Client-0.1.tgz.

Ads or code. Which would you choose?

I think any person with good sense would try both before coming to any conclusions.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/