Hello,

On 12/10/2003 01:14 PM, Tom Ray wrote:
I have an odd issue with mail(). I was working on a project at my office for some time
and we did everything with php
and mysql. I stepped away from the project for a bit but when I left all my scripts,
such as password retrieval and a
few others that used the mail() function were working. Now when you run any PHP script
using mail(), the script executes
perfectly, however I do not see any activity in my maillog and the mail is never
delivered. PHP does not return an error
or any warnings.

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to start looking to see why PHP and Exim
aren't talking with each other
anymore? I've been looking since the beginning of the week and I can't find it.

Box= SuSE8.2/Apache1.3/Exim 4.2
TIA

Without code or more information on how you are composing and sending your messages is hard to tell what is the problem.

It could be any of the bugs of the mail() function. In that case you may want to try this PHP class that comes with subclasses than can either send the messages via the sendmail program (in your case exim wrapper) or via SMTP. In case of error, these classes provide error messages that in general are more helpful.

If you do not want to change your programs much to try the class, you can use wrapper functions named sendmail_mail() or smtp_mail() that emulate the mail function, so you just need to rename the mail() calls where you use it:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/