Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless it is actually interfering with other processes. The OS will give any process or thread 100% of the CPU if there is nothing else that needs the CPU. What does you context switching numbers look like? If there is a lot of context switching, then your processes or threads are getting kicked off the CPU before they can accomplish much. And that's a problem.

The duration of your script is less than a second, so that's not really a long enough time have an affect on other parts of the system. Heck, it may even being completing within just a couple of time slices (the length of time the OS allows a process/thread to use the CPU).

You could always adjust the priority level (nice value in Unix) of whatever PHP is running under (i.e. Apache). Although you should understand what you are doing if you are adjusting nice values.