"Eric Bolikowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> "Iain Staffell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I have a script on my local machine to allow friends to send me files,
as
> IM
> > or FTP transfers don't work, and so I would like to accept reasonably
> large
> > files (10mb max).  I followed some of the examples shown around the net,
> but
> > continually found that the file would completely upload before giving an
> > error message that the maximum execution time of 30 seconds was exceeded
> in
> > line 3.  Not great when line 3 was set_time_limit(3600);
> >
> > I was under the impression that the time spent recieving the file from
the
> > user wasn't included in the execution time, and so timeouts wouldn't be
> > caused by this?
> >
> > The only solution I could find was to physically change the time limit
in
> > php.ini to a large value, which I would rather not do.  I am completely
> > stumped as to why the script times out, I am reasonably sure it behaved
> the
> > same when I enclosed everything in one set of <?  ?> and put echo's
> infront
> > of all the html.
> >
> > Here are snippets of my code and ini:
> >
> > PHP.INI:
> > max_execution_time = 30
> > max_input_time = 60
> > post_max_size = 10M
> > upload_max_filesize = 10M
> >
> > UPLOADS.PHP
> > http://tcc.hopto.org/uploads.php.txt
> >
> > Thankyou for your time :o)
>
> ini_set('max_execution_time', '3600');

With using ini_set I can now excede the maximum timeout limit (in that I
don't get a time limit exceeded message) - however instead of confirming the
file was uploaded, I just get a blank screen once the upload is completed,
and the net result is that no file was transferred in the end..
:oS