I should have posted some "rules" with this...

assuming:
 - a SPACE is used to delimit first from last name [Walter Torres]
 - a HYPHEN is used to separate a dual name (British style) [Conrad-Smyth]
 - an APOSTROPHE is used in many Irish and Scotish names [O'Reilly]
 - a PERIOD is used in titles, suffixes [Dr. Sr. Jr.]
 - a PERIOD is used for Initials [Walter G. Torres]

then...
 - allow apostrophes, but only if preceded *and* followed by a Alpha/Extend
 - allow hyphen/dash, but only if preceded *and* followed by a Alpha/Extend
 - allow PERIOD, but only if preceded by a Alpha/Extend *and* followed by a
   SPACE or EOS
 - allow SPACE, but only if preceded *and* followed by a Alpha/Extend

also...
 - allow x80 thru xFF

I've come up with this...

    /^([a-z\x80-\xFF]+(. )?[ ]?)+$/i
       |_____________||___||__| ^
           ^            ^   ^   |
           |            |   |   |-------- whole block ONE or more times
           |            |   |
           |            |   |---- SPACE - ZERO or ONE times
  alpha & extended      |
  ONE or more           |-------- PERIOD - ZERO or ONE times

but I can't seem to figure out how to get the HYPEN & apostrophe rules in
here.

But this does allow multiple spaces - which It really shouldn't but...

It also lets me add SPACEs at the end, oh well...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Walter