Hello

Im having real problems working with large files in PHP. At
the moment Im trying to parse an error_log file, and it works
like a charm, except that the scipt stopps after parsing around
70.000 lines, or around 8MB of data. Im using this :

$file    = "error_log"; // 280MB file
if($fp=fopen($file, "r+"))
{
 while($line=trim(fgets($fp)))
  {
     // Do the business

Surely this is not the way to work with e.g. a 280MB file. I solved the
sollution by chopping the file into 7MB files, and adding a fileopen
loop around the script above which solves my problem. But ->
How do I parse the 280MB file all in 1 go?

I have plenty of timeout and plenty of RAM in the php.ini file, so the
problem isnt here.

--
Kim Steinhaug