Hello everyone,
I looked through the FAQs and documentation and I cannot find this
anywhere:

We have a new Redhat server with this kernal: 2.4.20-20.9smp #1 SMP
We used redhat itself to install apache and php (I used to always do it by
hand)
apache: Server version: Apache/2.0.40
PHP Version 4.2.2

I found the PHP version out by making a file containing: <?phpinfo()?>

I also can get statements like

print "something"

and even

$TT =TRUE;
if($TT) print "something else";

to work.
But, incredibly to me, I cannot get form variables to be sent and "seen".
See the end of the email for the example script.

I can take this very simple script that does not work on this new server
and have it work on my current server which is running PHP Version 4.1.2
and Apache Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix)

I saw that there were incompatibility issues with PHP's prior to version
4.2.3 with Apache 2.0, but, since I can get some statements to work, and
it is only because the form variables are not recognized, I thought it
must be some new directive in httpd.conf of php.ini

Any help or info on this is much appreciated!

<?php

$TT=TRUE;
if($TT) print "TT worked";

if($dowork) {
  print "<br>These statements do not print when the dowork button is
pushed";
  print "<br>Field 1: $fld1";
  print "<br>Field 2: $fld2";
  print "<br>Field 3: $fld3";