Data is as such right now for testing purposes:
ID, catName, catLink, catDepartment.

I will have multiple instances of the same text in catDepartment. I realize
this is a fopaux. I'm just trying to do a quick fix.
none the less I want the data formatted like this:

DEPARTMENT NAME 1(catDepartment)       DEPARTMENT NAME...n(catDepartment)
--------------------------------------------       -------------------------
--------------------
Category1(catName)
Category1(catName)
Category2(catName)
Category2(catName)
Category...n(catName)
Category...n(catName)

hopefully this makes things less vague.

Thanks,

J.

"Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip]
I have a small database that I want to display data from. in such a way
that it shows shows in a table with the table header being the
department category and the table cells being the categories for each
department. I have no problem connecting to the database) I imagine that
I will need nested loops, but I haven't seen a tutorial showing quite
what I am looking for. If anyone can point me in the right direction
that would be great.
[/snip]

Probably just a good query would do. Show us some data  in its storage
format and then show us an example of what you want the output to be. We
can then go from A to B. Until then your question is rather vague.