There's a pretty good tutorial on this here:

    http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/session.php

and Ying Zhang's "Customer Session Handlers in PHP4" can be adapted
to MySQL - see http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/ying20000602.php3

And www.php.net's session page is OK for reference at

    http://php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Between those 3 you should be able to get sessions working with
MySQL.

HTH.

--
Hardy Merrill