On Wednesday 24 December 2003 08:06 pm, Peter Walter wrote:
> I have written a session-enabled php page which displays a table of
> search results. The first column in the table contains anchor links to
> www.mydomain.com/mypage?seqno=xxxx where seqno is a variable I would
> like to pass when the anchor is clicked. However, I do not wish the
> ?seqno=xxxx to display in the url of the browser. After googling a lot,
> it appears that I can use JavaScript to set a session variable in the

I doubt it- otherwise it would be pretty easy to set, say
$_SESSION['logged_in']

> onclick() event, but I have not been able to find an example of how to

But you /can/ use JS to set a cookie, which can be retrieved (and stored in a
session variable if you want) by PHP.

http://www.webreference.com/js/column8/
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.cookies

http://www.webreference.com/js/column8/functions.html

--
Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"There is a certain right by which we may deprive a man of life, but none by
which we may deprive him of death."

-Nietzsche