PROBLEM 1
I am trying to implement SSL with PHP.  When trying to use the include()
function
to insert an external PHP file, I am only able to make it work in the local
directory
and without SSL.

I believe the following calls to external files should be correct;
however, the include function is not successfull with the complete
URL.

Example
                "include ('test.php');" works fine
                "include ('http://www.myURL.com/mySubdirectory/test.php');
does not work.

RELATED PROBLEM 2
When emplementing the SSL I am using my IP's certificate.  Using their
certificate, I can
establish an SSL connection directly...ie.
https://www.myIPDomain.com/myLoginID/mySubdirectories/test.php
inserted into my browser establishes an SSL connection and the php test
script works fine.

When I reference this test script from another PHP script using the
include() or require() function, the
script does display the contents of the reference.  The code is as follows:

File 1 with external reference:
https://www.myIPDomain.com/myLoginID/mySubdirectories/testinclude.php

File 1 Contents:
<?PHP
        echo "Following should be the display of the Test File";
        include
'https://wwwmyIPDomain.com/myLoginID/mySubdirectories/testinclude.php";;
?>

File2 (file I am trying to include):
https://www.myIPDomain.com/myLoginID/mySubdirectories/test.php

Contents:
<?PHP
?>

When I call File 1, I can only get the following output:

    "Following should be the display of the Test File"

I think it is a matter of relative vs absolute references...but not sure.

Using the following setup
    Hardware -- SunOS www1 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u
    Apache ver 1.3.26
    PHP ver 4.3.1

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Regards,