Vernon wrote:

Some one is asking me to create a sub search on a search that has already
been done. For instance, the database has 50,000  records, a user does a
search for two keywords which yielded 1700 records. They want to now filter
that list with other keywords. The logic is that searching 1700 records has
got to be faster than searching 50,000 records.

The only way I know how to do this is to save the results of the pervious
search to hidden fields and allow the user to add more keywords, which in
essence isn't doing other than adding more keywords to the search doing the
same exact thing they did before with new keywords. Is this logic correct or
is there a way to save that queries results and search only that?

You could store the results of the first search into a temporary table and then "sub-search" from that table...

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com