Hi Jason,

At the very start of the page to be outputted, even before the HTML tags, put this in.
<? php
$time = microtime();
$time = explode(" ",$time);
$microtime = $time[1]+$time[0];
$transaction_start = $microtime;
?>

Then at the very bottom of the generated page, before the </BODY></HTML> tag:
<? php
$newtime = microtime();
$newtime = explode(" ",$newtime);
$newmicrotime = $newtime[1]+$newtime[0];
$elapsed_time = number_format(($newmicrotime - $transaction_start),3);
echo "Transaction completed in ".$elapsed_time." seconds!"
?>

This takes into account all of the php codes executed to generate all the contents
inbetween these two sections, including database extractions.

Regards,

Floyd Piedad