I am looking for a comparison of features supported by PHP vs those
supported by Perl.

My gut tells me PHP is more robust, but we are trying to implement something
in a company that has long had a standard allowing Perl as a "sanctioned"
language, but current management does not want to fight for PHP as a new
"sanctioned" language (most managers there have never heard of PHP and the
resident Java zealots have almost established a monopoly).  The kind of
thing I am looking for is SESSION support, I know it's supported by PHP, but
not sure about Perl.  I don't want to have to grow my own session manager.
One alternative is mainframe COBOL, which clearly will not support what we
want to do.

What would I lose by implementing in Perl (other than my mind)?

thanks in advance,

Warren Vail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]