I'm creating a resume database where I am having resumes submitted to this
database and keyword searches done. All works. Now I need to have a way of
tagging items found in the database much like a shopping cart.

So, I have a unique ID created each time someone does a search on the page
which is based on the time and date. Each time a search is done the old one
is destroyed and a new ID created. Users will search the database and select
resumes they think are suitable and tag them, before doing a new search they
will submit the resumes (actually the IDs of the resumes) to a table. I'm
wondering what is the best way to do something like this. Each resume needs
to be tagged when a popup window of the resume is open.

Any ideas?

Thanks