> > I have a problem setting my headers right with php running as
> > .cgi. I have to specify a Content-type for the cgi file to work.
> > But how should I do both that and start a session?
>
> Try using header() instead of print to set Content-Type.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks Chris. I tried that (see original post). Then I get a 500 error
in my browser and bad header in error_log.

Guess I'll have to take session_start() apart and see what it does.
This all worked in 4.2, though, where I used .cgi files without a
die-hard need for Content-type.

As I said in a previous post, everything works when I run my program
as a .php file without Content-type. So I guess there's a conflict
between the Content-type header and those inserted by session_start()
in 4.3.4.

Thanks for any help, I'm on a bad deadline and my ISP changed PHP
version without telling!

--
Børge