Hi,

I´m trying to give an empty reference as a parameter, in a function. Or rather make a parameter that is a reference optional.

I have a function that should react differently if it is given an object or not. It works, but it gives me a warning that the second argument is not being given obviously.

Sadly I cannot make the parameter optional in the function definition because mine has to be a reference. One can´t do such a thing as

function( $parameter1, & objectparameter = NULL)

this results into a parsing error.

I cannot believe that there is no way of making an object parameter optional.

So tell me please what I´m missing.