It appears as if you don't have MySQL support compiled in with your PHP
build.  If you installed it from source you will want to recompile PHP
with the --with-mysql option.  I have never installed PHP from RPM
though so if you installed it that way, perhaps someone else in the
group can provide some guidance on how to do that.

HTH!

--Sam