Hi,

I'm having troubles accessing the global variables.  From my understanding
of PHP, when you declare a variable 'global' it is no longer just in the
local scope, but becomes known in the global scope of the program.

In file, 'layout.php' ...
    function top_sidebar_header() {
        global $g_graphic;
        echo $g_graphic;
    }

In file, 'body.php' ...
    include_once( $GLOBALS["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . "/include/layout.php" );
    top_sidebar_header();        // function is called, but when "echo
$g_graphic" is executed,
                                            // nothing prints out because
$g_graphic is empty or ""

In file, 'about/index.php' ...
    $g_graphic = "/media/image.jpg";
    include_once( $GLOBALS["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . "/body.php" );

Have I overlooked something crucial?

I haven't been able to find much documentation on this topic.  (Please keep
in mind that I am also a newbie at PHP.  :) )  ~ It'd be really great if any
of you have suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance,
Adelaide