On 19 Jan 2004 at 21:43, Kaushan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to PHP scripting and struggling with the following problem.
>
> I have two files, an HTML file and a PHP file.
> HTML file contains a form with one text field and a submit button.
> When a user pressed the submit button, it calls the php file (<form
> action="test.php" ...>).
> What the php file does is just echo back the text  received from html file
> to the user again.
> Name of the text field is 'fname'. When I used this variable in the php file
> (as $fname) it does not contain the value of the text field. Query-string
> appended to the url during the submission is also correct.
> I checked for all syntax errors, but the codings are perfect.
>
> Do I have to change php.ini file to fix this problem.
>
> Could anyone can help me to solve this problem.
>
> Kaushan

Hi Kaushan

Little bit difficult without seeing the code, but what you are probably sitting with
is an
issue with globals - depending on your method of submitting (GET or POST)you can try
and check one of these two $_POST['fname'] or $_GET['fname'] for the value of the
text field.

Rory McKinley
Nebula Solutions
+27 82 857 2391
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world,
those who understand binary and those who don't" (Unknown)