Vincent Jansen wrote:
> I use
>
>    header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
>    header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
>    header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
>    header("Pragma: no-cache");
>    header( "Content-type: application/x-excel" );
>    header( "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=MyFile.xls"
> );
>    header( "Content-Description: PHP Generated Data" );
>
> For me this works in both IE6 and Mozilla 1.5

None of these ideas seem to work. In fact, I don't think .htaccess files even work on a Windows server running IIS. But I could probably achieve the save results by playing with the extensions in IIS.

At any rate, I tried it in IE6, and it prompts me to download it correctly and without the ".php" extension on the end. I had been trying it in Mozilla Firebird 0.7 prior to that. Since the client uses IE rather than Mozilla, then I won't worry about it for now. However, it still would be a good idea to find a way to resolve it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ben