Hi Igor,
The approach taken by yahoo etc is the most popular. In your case you will just need to enter the message in it's entirity in the database as you normally would but perhaps mark it as a draft so that it does not become visible.

SHAMLESS PLUG: alternatively you can use rad upload at http://www.radinks.com/upload/ which can fit the bill including uploading any number of files.

all the best

Igor Kryltsov wrote:

Hi,

If I allow multiple file uploads in my custom designed discussion board if there any way to collect all attachments file names by reloading page and than upload all of them on "Post" button (form submission)?

Displaying multiple  <input type=file ....> on a page does not look as a
nice solution to me as amount of allowed attachments can be unrestricted.

It looks like all web based systems(yahoo mail, hotmail) upload files to
server one by one and than , I guess, they have type of pruning system which
cleans server's file system to delete files which were uploaded as a part of
"compose new mail" but never saved by web users.
I think it is done by looking for a files which does not have corresponding
entries in DB + timestamp on files which should be greater than session
timeout for system (if defined).

To summarize: If anyone has an idea how to collect file names of files to
upload by rePOSTing script and finally submit it to upload all files as one
go.

Thank you,

Igor

--