--- Thomas Svenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using the pre-forked model in Apache2 yes. So far I haven't
> noticed any problems with PHP(4/5beta).
>
> If the problems with PHP is with the non pre-forked models, then its
> time to update the recommendation to not run PHP on Apache2. Instead
> it should explain why it doesn't work and that if pre-forked is used
> there are no problems.

This topic was brought up at ApacheCon. The mod_perl developers have the
same potential problems with threading - even when the core is
thread-safe, many extensions are not.

If you are running in pre-fork mode, there are really no conflicts or
problems with running PHP on Apache 2. However, Rasmus still feels
strongly about using Apache 1.3 until 2 has been around for a long time
(1.3's stability is hard to match), unless you have a compelling reason to
upgrade.

So, I'm not sure what documentation you're referring to exactly, nor am I
sure that there would be a lot of support in updating it. Regardless, if
you need to run Apache 2, and you run it in pre-fork mode, you should be
fine.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====